Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Squeegees Sounds Like a Fifties Doo-Wop Group

Here's one I never saw in Heloise. I go into the guest bathroom to... well, you know. There's a strange looking sheen to the floor in the corner by the bathtub. Upon closer examination, a bottle of baby wash has tipped over and poured about 1/3 of a cup onto the floor. How the flip do you clean up soap?? Adding water seemed dumb, and it didn't seem like it would soak into a sponge or mop. I attempted to wipe it up with paper towels but hardly made a dent after 4 sections of towel, so I gave that up. It seemed like scraping would be a good idea...

The bathroom squeegee! I scraped from the top of the spill, then right-to-left. It got almost all of the soap off the floor (and then rinsed down the sink drain). Finally, I gave a little rinse to the floor with hot water and used my microfiber hair towel to sop it up (yeah, ew, but I had to get it up!) (that's what she said). I have a feeling that will not be my last parenthood-related cleaning conundrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment