Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Little Dr. Johnson

It has occurred to me that I am not being nearly obnoxious enough about my child's precocious vocabulary skills. At ten months, of course she says "Mama" (of course). But she is also spouting out many other gems, and she's quite the polyglot! Here's the current list:

English
Bah - short for "Bah, humbug"; she's quite the little curmudgeon
Pff - also indicates she is unimpressed by your offering
Fa - a long, long way to run
Oh - a noncommittal acknowledgement that you have spoken
Ew - a term of disgust
Oaf - she really doesn't worry about your feelings, does she?

French
Maman - Mama
Bas - low, like in "bas relief"
Eau - water
Oeuf - egg

I mean, honestly, have you ever encountered such a bright child in all of your days? She's a walking dictionary!

1 comment:

  1. Pure genius! Obviously we know why LBL looks up to her and her master vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete