Friday, December 30, 2011

Excuses, Excuses

WELL, I took an almost three-week sabbatical here, but for a moderately good reason. All I could think about was pregnancy and it wasn't time to announce it online! I am 12 weeks along with baby number two.

In mid-October, I dreamt I had a new baby boy and named him Urban Banjo.

The first week of November, I had a friend and her two boys over in the morning. I made a couple of jokes about being forgetful, so I must be pregnant. Then I started counting. And thinking about how my breasts had gone up two cup sizes. And how tired I was. And how I had pimples on my forehead. And freaking. Out.

Two more friends and their babies showed up to make Christmas ornaments as the first friend left. I couldn't wait for them to leave so that I could go buy a pregnancy test. DJ was sleeping after a night shift, and hadn't gotten good rest for days, so after dashing to the drugstore and getting a big, fat PREGNANT on the digital test, I didn't want to wake him. I stayed up, panicking, all night long. I re-did our budget. I figured out what we would have to buy (a double stroller and diapers). I realized that as long as this baby did not also have allergies, we would be okay financially.

DJ took the news beautifully for having just woken up and it being a complete surprise. We took a long family walk and saw the sun rise, and later I made an appointment with a new OBGYN. We were going to become a family of four in the new year. Oh, and that dream? Was probably the night the embryo implanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment